Prepare Yourself for Storms
Storms not only cause damage to your property, but they can also destroy your peace of mind. To help you prepare for a flood, hurricane or other natural disaster, here is a list of key items that you should have readily available:
- Battery-operated lanterns
- Battery-powered radio
- Battery-operated fan
- Extra batteries?you should have two extra sets for each battery operated item
- Special care items for infants or family members with specific medical needs
- Prescription medication supply
- First aid kit
- Clean drinking water
- Waterproof matches and lighters
- Propane or gas grill/stove (for outdoor use only)
- Supply of canned/non-perishable foods
- Manual can opener
- Disposable utensils, plates and cups
- Fuel for your car and/or portable generator along with a funnel
- Garbage bags
- Rope and hand tools
- Insurance agency contact information and other important documents in waterproof containers.
In addition to having supplies on hand. there are additional steps you can take to be ready when severe storms strike, including:
- Fill clean bathtubs with water for miscellaneous use and remember that pool water can be used to flush toilets.
- Be sure that you have at least a 30-day supply of prescription medications or special care items, as well as a minimum of a three-day supply of food for each person and pet.
- Transfer perishable food items to an insulated cooler. Try to eat these foods first because of the potential for spoilage.
- Cover windows and glass doors with hurricane shutters or storm panels. If these materials are not readily available, board them up with plywood and plastic sheeting to protect your property.
Contact us today to request service for Storm Damage, or any other restoration project. Call 1-888-217-0651, or click the button below to complete our online inquiry.